Looking for Partnerships to Combat COVID-19
KLUS Pharma is currently seeking co-development partnerships to conduct clinical trials on COVID-19 patients in countries and regions most affected by the pandemic. Our investigational product (ACV200-17) is an inhaled peptide designed to prevent COVID-19 infection via respiratory transmission.
ACE2 protein is widely expressed in the human respiratory tract. Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 infects human cells by binding to ACE2 on the cell surface via interaction with viral S protein. Results from both nonclinical and clinical studies have demonstrated that ACV200-17 could be a promising drug to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
• ACV200-17 blocks interactions between ACE2 and the viral S protein
• Confirmed MOA and demonstrated efficacy in animal studies
• Safety studies showed good tolerance in mice and monkeys when administered via
intravenous and inhalation route
• Demonstrated safety in healthy volunteers when given as single and repeated inhalation
• The product is produced via GMP-certified manufacturing
KLUS Pharma is actively seeking collaboration opportunities to accelerate the development and commercialization of ACV200-17 in the US and EU, in order to help combat the spread of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Business Development Team
Monday, June 1, 2020